We are looking for an individual for passion for computer PC and Server hardware. DaDesktop is a revolutionary new way of delivering hands-on lab environment for IT and other training, as well as delivering collaborative spaces for work.
What is DaDesktop Server?
DaDesktop develops servers for specific use:
- they are mostly deployed in offices rather than datacenters, therefore they have to be quiet
- designed to work without specialist team available (i.e. repairs needs to be done by office staff rather than hardware engineers)
- use a lot of RAM (512G to few terabytes)
We use components used in data centers servers, office servers and high-end gaming machines.
Candidates should have:
- understanding and interest of server, and desktop hardware
- good at Linux operating system (Ubuntu preferable)
- familiarity with newest hardware
- ability to communicate with factories and suppliers and negotiate conditions of purchase (taobao, manufactures, etc...)
- ability to assess reliability of the hardware and risk related to hardware itself and the supply chain
- communicate in written English and understand spoken English (being able to communicate in English is a plus, but Chinese is primary language)
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Researching hardware and testing it in context of DaDesktop servers
- Contacting factories and sellers to prepare products according to our requirements
- Optimizing cost delivery, assembly and procurement costs
- Testing hardware
We have R&D centre in China, Guangdong, Zhuhai (广东珠海), but we can open new R&D office in Shenzhen or other place if suitable candidate is found